Buy or Lease a New Car in Lucedale, MS
When car shopping at Walt Massey Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM in Lucedale, Mississippi, the easy part is picking out your new set of wheels. With such a diverse selection of vehicles, including new and pre-owned options, you are bound to find your dream ride, but the more thoughtful decision is choosing to buy or lease the vehicle. While both options will set you up for success, especially when working with our dealership, depending on your long-term plan for the vehicle, as well as your budget and financial state, you may be persuaded one way or another. If you are wondering the key differences between the two, the experts at Walt Massey CDJR have compared and contrasted buying versus leasing just for you.
Buying vs. Leasing
The most obvious difference between buying or leasing is ownership, as when you lease a vehicle it is described as a long-term rental that you pay for monthly. Many drivers who plan to drive a new vehicle every couple of years choose to forgo the option of buying and simply lease the vehicle. On the other hand, if they plan to keep the vehicle long-term and have a goal of eventually no longer having a car payment, they choose to buy the ride. Also consider the following factors:
- Leases usually offer lower interest rates, which means lower monthly payments.
- If you buy a vehicle and make on-time payments, it will build good credit.
- When the lease is up on the vehicle, all you have to do is bring it back to the dealership and pick out a new ride. There is no hassle of selling a vehicle.
- Without true ownership of the vehicle, you cannot customize it as you please with a lease, as you would by purchasing the vehicle.
- Leasing doesn’t require you to pay sales tax, but buying does, as you are purchasing, not renting
When You Buy or Lease at Walt Massey CDJR
Whether you buy or lease your new ride, you can’t go wrong, especially when working with our team at Walt Massey CDJR. After browsing our fantastic selection of vehicles, head over for a test drive. We will be waiting on you, keys in hand. As soon as you make a decision, we can walk you through the steps of buying or leasing. It won’t be long before you’re out on the road enjoying your new set of wheels. We look forward to assisting you, so contact us with any questions!